The Plurk Podcast Challenge is drawing to an end. If you are knitting along with me or any other podcaster, you need to have your project finished by Sept. 25th and pictures posted to the respective Ravelry group thread by the 27th. You also (and this is the REALLY important part) need to go vote for the winners of the various categories in the Plurk Podcaster Challenge group. There is an “Official Voting Thread” that is currently locked but feel free to read the various categories and think about your choices (which should be me, right?). Without viewer participation, the Plurk Podcaster Challenge falls somewhat flat. We want your input. Do it. Do it now!
- Traveling Woman Shawl, knit out of Dream in Color Starry in the Purple Rain colorway
- Cabled Chapeau, PPC Challenge pattern, knit out of Paton’s Classic Wool in the Teal Heather colorway
- Trenza Mitts, Becca’s (KnitBytes’s hostess), PPC Challenge pattern, knit out of Cascade 220 Heathers
- Flutter-By Socks, knit out of Huckleberry Knits, Willow base, Copper Patina colorway
Works in Progress:
- Pembroke Vest, Sheila’s (cohostess of Knit1Hearttoo) PPC pattern, knit out of Hacho yarn
- Shedir, Diane’s (hostess of Knitabulls) PPC pattern, knit out of Schachenmayr Nomotta Extra Merino
- Vanilla socks for Jael, knit out of Colinette Jitterbug, in the Rio and Lilac colorways
Join my Ravelry group, Addicted to Yarn. We are at 180 members. Only 20 more to go before I do a drawing for…something.
Plurk Podcast Challenge Group on Ravelry
Knit-Along and finish with me (by Sept 22nd) and you will be entered in a drawing for 2 skeins (500 yds total) of Very Berry Sock Yarn from Shunklies
- Cabled Chapeau, by Coats & Clark, knit out of Patons Classic Wool in the Jade Heather colorway on size 8 US/5mm needles
- Flutter-by socks, by Shannon Robalino, knit out of Huckleberry Knits, Willow base, Copper Patina colorway on size 0 US/2mm needles
- Pink and Purple Socks for Jael, basic sock pattern with afterthought heel, knit out of Colinette Jitterbug in the Rio and Lilac colorways on size 1.5 US/2.5mm needles
- Trenza Mitts, by Susanna IC, knit out of Cascade 220 Heathers, in the 4008 colorway (a burgundy color) on size 7 US/4.5mm needles – I’m knitting-along with Becca from the KnitBytes podcast.
- Cadence (NOT Cascade, despite what I kept saying), by Jordana Paige, knit out of Cascade 220 in the 7806 colorway (a blueish teal color) on size 7mm (no US size) needles
Stash: HOLY CRAP, do I have stash!
- From Lewpy88: Yarn, yarn, and more yarn
- From PaletPC: PostIt Tape and highlighter tape and lots of other little goodies
- From Vanessa of Windy Acres: goat milk soap of various scents
- From Mom and Angie: Wonder Woman Mug
- Beer stitch markers from Luganchica102
- Fat Ladies in SPAAAAACE, by Nicole Lorenz
- Coconut M&Ms – god I love those crazy little things.
Don’t forget to leave a comment to be entered in the drawing for the beer stitch markers in honor of Oktoberfest.
Show notes will hopefully be included at some point when I have consistent internet access.
Instead of podcasting this week, I was a guest star on KnitBytes with Becca.
Plurk Podcaster Challenge
Mother Bear K/CAL
I am working on Cadence in Cascade 220 Heathers
Becca is working on Aragorn socks in Sensations Bamboo & Ewe and an Irish Hiking Hat in Cascade 220
I finished my Traveling Woman shawl!
I got two skeins of Colinette Jitterbug to make socks for Jael, and Double Helix socks for herself
Becca got Malabrigo Rios, Fleece Artist BFL Sock, and Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran for a Peaks Island Hood, as well as swap goodies- some hand-dyed yarn, stitch markers, little toys and charms, candy, and an incredible MadelineTosh Spriteling shawl!
Congratulations to RaeKnitsNWa, the winner of the Fat Ladies in Spaaaaace coloring book! Thank you to all who entered!
Pac-Man Ghosts by Erica Yen
To add Becca’s show to iTunes:
Drugs of Choice:
- Susanna’s Shawl: Traveling Woman Shawl, Dream in Color Starry, Colorway: Purple Rain, Size 7 needles
- Flutter-by Socks: Huckelberry Knits, Colorway: Copper Patina
- Cadence: Camp Loopy Project 3, by Jordana Page, Cascade 220 Heathers
HUGE THANK YOUs TO: Jeanette, Bev, and Chelsea. You guys are awesome and generous. Thank you so much.
Plurk Podcast Challenge: If you want to do a KAL with me (and you know you do!), get yourself some Aran weight yarn, about 264 yards or so.
Mother Bear Project: Check out MariGayle of Exchange Student in Fiberland; Becca of KnitBytes; Vicki of DragonflySoars; and Cate of Noteable Needle, for KALs to join.
Woot! Uploaded on the first try! I guess being Satan has it’s advantages!
Hairy Yellow Chunks, pattern by Rebecca Danger, whose name I am intensely jealous of
Coming Together Socks, pattern by Thayer Preece
Mother Bear Project
List of podcasters hosting Mother Bear Project KALs:
- NoteableNeedle (Catherine);
- MommyNeedsYarn (Erin);
- Barknknit (Natalie);
- Family Fiber (Bobbi);
- Knitbytes (Becca);
- Exchangestudentinfiberland (MariGayle);
- Knittinonthefly (Katie);
- Knitabulls (Diane);
- Sassypantsknitter (Wendy); and
- Bloomingknitter (Tina).
Plurk Podcast Challenge Participants:
Alpaca and Ewe – Gail – http://alpacaandewe.blogspot.com/
Addicted to Yarn – Becky – https://addictedtoyarn.wordpress.com/
Barknknit – Natalie – http://barknknit.blogspot.com/
Britt Knits – Brittany – http://brittknitsvidcast.blogspot.com/
BloomingKnitter- Tina – http://bloomingknitter.wordpress.com/
CronicKnitter – Tanya – http://cronicknitter.blogspot.com/
Darthknitter -Tammy- http://proverbialknitter.com/
Dragonfly Soars – Vicki – http://dragonflysoars.blogspot.com/
DramaticKnits – Steve – http://dramaticknits.blogspot.com/
Domestikateddarling – Kate – http://www.domestikateddarling.blogspot.com/
Exchange Student in Fiberland – MariGayle -http://exchangestudentinfiberland.blogspot.com/
Family Fibers – Bobbi – http://familyfibervideocast.blogspot.com/
Knit Naturally – Dawn – http://knitnaturally.libsyn.com/webpage
Knit1hearttoo – Sheila – http://knit1hearttoo.blogspot.com/
Knit1hearttoo – Wendy – http://knit1hearttoo.blogspot.com/
Knitabulls – Diane – http://knitabullspodcast.blogspot.com/
Knitbytes – Beeca – http://knitbytes.wordpress.com/
Knittin’ on the Fly – Katie – http://knittinonthefly.blogspot.com/
Miss Elle Knits – Elle – http://misselleknits.blogspot.com
Mommyneedsyarn – Erin – http://www.mommyneedsyarn.com/
NoteableNeedle – Kate – http://noteableneedlework.blogspot.com/
Purple Photokitty’s Artwork – kelly – http://ppkart.blogspot.com/
Sillyfru – Wendy – http://sassypantsknitter.podbean.com/
Rainlover Knits – Sarah – http://www.rainloverknits.com/
Yarnivore – Sadie – http://sadieruin.wordpress.com/
HippiePenguin -Hilary – http://hippiepenguinfibers.wordpress.com/